Friday, September 7, 2012

Little Moments

We all have that inner voice that helps us get out there for our daily run, cycle or swim. It's the motivation that pulls us out of bed or drags us out of the office to tackle a workout. It's the drive we need to push us each day. That little voice, although small, carries with it great strength. It varies from person to person, as we all accept the challenge of training for different reasons. It tells one athlete to run to fight depression and find joy in each day; it tells another to cycle to escape from the corporate world into the mountains; for some it tells them to train to save a life other than their own. If you ask someone why they train, why they dedicate so much time and push themselves past their physical limits, seldom will you find them without a reason. TNT's own Bob Spadano runs for his 4 year old daugther, Maya, who has been battling leukemia for the last year and half. Below he shares a little moment he had with his daughter which reminded him why he runs. Bob found his inner voice in his beautiful, bright little girl...where did you find yours?

{Maya in her rockstar shades}


"This morning after my run, I was sitting in the kitchen trying to cool down. Maya noticed how much I was sweating and asked, as only a four year old would, why do I keep running if it makes me sweat? So I explained to her as simply as possible that daddy runs to help kids like her and her friends at clinic beat leukemia by raising money for the doctors and hospitals. She looked at me somewhat puzzled and said,'But daddy, how does running help kids with leukemia?' I just hugged her and thought how thankful I was for her innocence."
                     ~Bob Spadano

No comments:

Post a Comment